samedi 12 juillet 2014

My new school

Well, today we did a lot of shopping to get ready for moving into our new apartment. On the way to the shops, we passed in front of the high school where I'll be working. It's called Lama-Prévot. Here is what it looks like.

It's located in Rémire-Montjoly, the town just next to Cayenne. Apparently, I'll be working with four other English teachers, one of whom is also American. Lama-Prévot is also the most recently built high school in the county. Isn't a school funny without any students? I also took a shot of the playground... do you notice anything particular about it?...
Well, it's a covered playground because of the hot sun, and the roof is lined with solar panels. I like the idea of a high school that's also environment friendly. Well, after the shopping, we went to the beach. It's just a ten-minute walk away from our apartment.


We searched everywhere for some hatching leatherback sea turtles, but didn't find any. Boo hoo. Fortunately, we got a glimpse of a fabulous sun set so we didn't go back home empty handed.
Tomorrow, Jack and I have decided to go for a little walk somewhere in the jungle. More pictures to come, I promise!

3 commentaires:

  1. The photo about you on the beach was artistically taken. I wonder who did it ...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hé, Jacques ! T'es pas obligé d'écrire en anglais si tu n'en as pas envie...

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hello. Jumping from Montesquieu 17th century to a brand new 21st century school!!! What a change. Hope you will love it. François


    RépondreSupprimer