mardi 22 juillet 2014

Julia in Guiana!

Jack and I are leaving tomorrow to visit Suriname for two weeks. We're taking a flight from Cayenne to Paramaribo, the capital of Suriname. I'll try sending postcards during our vacation in Suriname, but I have no guarantee if you'll ever receive them or not! Also, since I won't be able to continue the blog for two weeks, I thought I could leave a few pictures of my favorite moments with Julia, when she and I came to visit Jack in March 2014. First, enjoying a pina colada in downtown Cayenne...
Visiting Montabo beach...
Watching the Mardi Gras parades in the streets of Cayenne...
Going horseback riding in the savannah...
Visiting the space center in Kourou where France launches its satellites...
And relaxing on the Salvation Islands, a tropical island paradise but also, sadly, a former penal colony...



1 commentaire:

  1. Hi Chris!
    It's Richard from Montesquieu!
    Hope you're OK.
    What a great idea to create this blog! You guys seem to have great fun down there in Guiana and at least you can get hot and sweaty while here in France we seldom have a chance... I'm on holidays in Normandy (mind you, that might not be the best place to get warm weather) in a "gîte rural" where the kids can enjoy various animals (mainly horses) and where I can enjoy the various liquors produced in the region ;)).
    Did you eventually meet your future colleagues? I hope you enjoyed your trip in Suriname (you HAVE TO post some pictures!).
    Enjoy what's left of the holidays.

    Richard.

    RépondreSupprimer