dimanche 20 juillet 2014

Market Day

Every Thursday, there's an open-air market in Rémire-Montjoly within walking distance from our apartment. Since Jack had to work all day, I decided to go have a look and buy a few groceries. Like most people, I took an umbrella and used it as a parasol to protect me from the hot sun on the way there. Nevertheless, I still arrived hot and sweaty at the market.
I wanted to take a lot of pictures, but the heat made this uncomfortable. However, I did get a few shots of items such as these locally made cocktail drinks (mostly made with rhum).
Further down, there were a lot of people selling their produce. Do you remember what this fruit is called?
No, those aren't rotting bananas but rather plantains used only cooked, usually fried or made into chips. They can also be prepared into soups, too. Unfortunately, the heat stopped me from taking any more photos at the market. I'm sorry because there were so many strange fruit and vegetables that I'd never seen before but I'll have to show you them at another time. On the way back home, there was a strange mixture of sun and rain all at the same time. Thank goodness for my all-weather umbrella!
I
I did buy a couple of these. Hm. Can you guess what they are? Fruit or vegetable? I'll give you a clue by opening one of them.
If you said a mango, then you're right! It was actually very juicy and sweet, perfect for our dessert.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire