samedi 12 juillet 2014

The departure

Before arriving in French Guiana, my last days in France were spent trying to say good-bye to friends and family. My collegues at work in Le Mans invited me out to dinner.

I also had a wonderful lunch with some of my favorite former students. In fact, I'd been teaching English to Nicole, Martine, and Janick for over a decade!
Hardest of all, however, were the last moments spent with Niels and Julia. At least we got to do a few fun things together and Julia got her Galop 2 diploma for horseback riding. Now, she's becoming a real pro!


I'd really like to say thank you to everyone in Le Mans for those last special moments shared together. I hope you'll stay in contact with me by leaving a message or two on this blog whenever you can. I'm going to take some pictures of Guiana for the next entry. Apparently, the baby leatherback turtles are hatching at the beach... I'll try to go tonight to see if I find any.

4 commentaires:

  1. I can't wait to see where your adventures take you!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Melissa! I'm so glad you've visited my blog. I'm starting to understand better how it works. I hope you'll enjoy the pictures! Love, Chris

      Supprimer
  2. Sounds like you two are having a wonderful time starting a new life together in Guiana. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I hope you're doing well and your family too. Have a fantastic summer!

      Supprimer