mercredi 13 août 2014

The latest purchase

Guess what I bought!
It's a used electric piano that I found locally thanks to the internet. I've been rather downcast since I sold my real piano in Le Mans, and I haven't played for over a month. I've lost most of the music from my memory, but I'm happy to be practicing again. I'm going to enroll for piano lessons, but I have to wait for the music center to open sometime around the end of August.
On a less happy note (pun intended!) my mosquito bites from Paramaribo, Suriname are really killing me. I've got 17 bites, all of them around my ankles. The itching is the worst I can every remember-- a flaming itch that smoulders and rages all day long, especially when I walk. Even in French Guiana, we don't have mosquitos that dangerous. I've been having to use a hydrocortisone ointment for the past days but the welts just don't seem to be going down...


2 commentaires:

  1. Maybe a tip: A woman in Suriname recommended me Tiger Balm for those terrible insect bites. It worked wonders for me. Marleen

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hmm... Tiger Balm, you say? I'm sure I'll be able to find some around here in French Guiana because there are so many Asian supermarkets. Thank you for the tip!!!

      Supprimer